Sum of individual values in a Cell

riteshkp

Board Regular
Folks - Need some help here. I have searched the forum and haven't been able to locate this specifically.

I have a sumif function that adds up all the values in a column based on set criteria in another column. Is there a VBA Code/Macro that would convert this sumif value into the sum of individual numbers. For instance, the output instead of being a single number should be something like = SUM(258, 712, 556, 478, 412, ...etc).

This way, I need to exactly know which numbers have gone into the Sumif. Please help.

Thankyou

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Why not use a helper column to insert a flag - for example an "X" character, next to each value that meets the SUMIF criteria ?

Upvote 0
I have done that...used the helper column to bring the total output of the SUMIF function. Our Project Manager wants to see the actual values in there, rather than the final figure. i.e. the final output instead of =2416 should be =258+712+55+478+412. Is this possible?

Alternately, my file has set of numbers in consecutive rows (eg: E6:E14). Is there a code that can convert this into the values in each of these corresponding cells: =E6+E7+E8+E9+E10+E11+E12+E13+E14.
This pattern repeats in other columns as well, with different set of consecutive rows.

Upvote 0
I can't see
a) how to do this
b) what value doing this would add

How about using a helper column, and instead of a simple "X" to flag that that value meets the SUMIF criteria, instead copy the value into the helper column.

Something like this

Where 2 and 4 meet the SUMIF criteria, and 1, 3, and 5 don't.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back