SUMIF with Dates Formula not Working

sschraff

I am using the formula =SUMIF(B2:NB2,">"&NC3,B4:NB4), row 2 is all consecutive dates, NC3 is today's date minus 1 year, and row 4 is accrued points that populate from a different page. I can't get anything to return except an error and I can't figure out why. Text, dates and numbers are formatted correctly, i have checked the formula a hundred times, i feel like i am missing something small but i just can't figure it out.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Welcome to Mr Excel,

The formula works fine, so i would guess it must be a problem with the dates, either in NC3 or B2:NB2.

Try a simple =??2>NC3

Change ?? to reference one of the dates in B2:NB2 that you know should give an answer.

What do you get?

Upvote 0
I figured it out!! Thanks so much, I think I just needed to talk it out a little.

There was a set of columns that were returning an error, but I didn't see it because I had conditional formatting set to white out the errors.

Upvote 0
I figured it out!! Thanks so much, I think I just needed to talk it out a little.

There was a set of columns that were returning an error, but I didn't see it because I had conditional formatting set to white out the errors.

I hate it when that happens.... LOL :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopkinsr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back