Sumifs formula for multiple sheets

Loukas Char

Hi all,

I have the following topic that I cannot take a step further:

I need to summarize data from 3 tabs into a table based on multiple criteria and as it can be seen below I have created 3 different sumifs. The index matches the month, and then follow the 2 criteria.
My goal is to reduce these 3 lines of code (which correspond to each tab) and my idea is to use a named range which would include the name of the tabs (i.e. FC P7 DE, FC P7 DK, FC P7 UK) To make things more complicated, the named range will change each month to the following ( I will be inserting the new month tabs manually).

=SUMIFS(INDEX('FC P7 DE'!$D$4:$O$30;;MATCH('FC P7 DE'!H$3;'FC P7 DE'!$D$3:$O$3;0));'FC P7 DE'!$A$4:$A$30;$A10;'FC P7 DE'!$C$4:$C$30;$B10)+
SUMIFS(INDEX('FC P7 DK'!$D$4:$O$30;;MATCH('FC P7 DK'!H$3;'FC P7 DK'!$D$3:$O$3;0));'FC P7 DK'!$A$4:$A$30;$A10;'FC P7 DK'!$C$4:$C$30;$B10)+
SUMIFS(INDEX('FC P7 UK'!$D$4:$O$30;;MATCH('FC P7 UK'!H$3;'FC P7 UK'!$D$3:$O$3;0));'FC P7 UK'!$A$4:$A$30;$A10;'FC P7 UK'!$C$4:$C$30;$B10)

Any help highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Loukas

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
This may send you in the right direction;

To retrieve the sheet name use: =CELL("filename")

That will give you the whole path, but you could use: RIGHT to extract it, and then use it in an INDIRECT formula so you wouldn't have to change the formula every Month....

I hope that is enough to get you there...

Upvote 0
Hi Chrisdontm.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I was not so clear:
The code above is in a Total tab (where I am summing data from the 3 tabs FC P7 DE, FC P7 DK, FC P7 UK). Instead of having 3 lines I would like to reduce it, to say by 1, by iterating through the names of these tabs in 3 cells (by refering to each one of them within the formula somehow).

So the formula should like something like:
=SUMIFS(INDEX(refering to the range of tabs$D$4:$O$30;;MATCH(refering to the range of tabsH$3;refering to the range of tabs$D$3:$O$3;0));refering to the range of tabs$A$4:$A$30;$A10;refering to the range of tabs$C$4:$C$30;$B10)

Does it make more sense now?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgeeaudrey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back