SUMIFS in VBA

Euler271

I have an Excel userform wherein the user selects a member number from a combo box, a state from a second combo box and one or multiple counties from a list box. I then have a "Calculate" button that I want to sum the number of members in the selected state and countiesr. There can be just one state but multiple counties selected. I'm more of an expert in Access in which I'd use the DSUM function in VBA. In Excel, I'm guessing I will need to use the SumIfS function along with the wrapping SUM function.

My problem is creating the string for the county criteria. I've tried using the SPLIT function to create an array from the string but that doesn't work. When I manually enter a county name such as "Pima" into the function, it works but when I try to manufacture the string with VBA it doesn't work. Here's the formula I'm using:

Me!txtMembers = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIfs(Range("Members"), Range("ST"), Me.Controls("cboState").Value, Range("County"), strCounties))

When the user presses the "Calculate" button a string is created by looping through the county list box. I need to put something in Criteria2 automatically but I can't seem to find the secret sauce. Access is much easier but, in this case, I need to use Excel because of its better pivot tables.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi, you could loop through the selected countries and do a SUMIFS() for each one accumulating the sum as you go.

Upvote 0
Great idea. I should have thought of it myself. I'll try it immediately. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
I don't think the Sum(Sumifs syntax will work when written in VBA using Worksheetfunction.xxx
It doesn't process as an array like it does in a sheet formula.

You can try using Evaluate, and write the formula the same as you would in a cell formula, with a little concatenation

Me!txtMembers = Evaluate("=SUM(SUMIFS(Members,ST," & Me.Controls("cboState").Value & ",County," & strCounties &"))"

strCounties would need to be built as a string like
strCounties = "{""ValueA"",""ValueB""}"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaurav_7829

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back