SUMIFS - what criteria should I use to sum all number values

manchoon

Hi
can anyone please help me?

I have numeric values in column A (sales), Seller ID codes in column B (1,2,3...), Shop ID codes in column C (1,2,3...). In cells E1 and F1 I have list (data validation) of criterias to use in sumifs formula. For example if I need sales of seller 2 and shop 3, E1=2 F1=3 and =SUMIFS(A:A,B:B,E1,C:C,F1)

but my problem is that when I need to calculate for example sales of seller 2 and all shops, I don't know what to write in F1, wildcard * doesn't work because it only works with text values.

what should I do? is there another way to get this result maybe with another formula?
please help :(

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
=IF(ISBLANK(F1),SUMIF(B:B,E1,A:A),SUMIFS(A:A,B:B,E1,C:C,F1))

Leave F1 blank if you want all sales for seller 2.

Upvote 0
Thank you! worked great ^_^

may I ask you one more thing?
If I also have column D with addresses (also ID numbers) and I want to sum for example, (sales of seller 2, all shops, all addresses) or (all sellers, all shops, all addresses) or (all sellers, 2nd shop, all addresses) and so on.. again I switch criteria with data validation list. for each criteria cell there are 2 kind of criterias - nothing or ID code. Like this there are too many criteria possibilities (8) and IF function will probably be too complex and long right?
is there any way to do it? :/

Upvote 0
Assuming that shop address to search for is in G1 and that all numbers are numeric and greater than zero:

=SUMIFS(A:A,B:B,IF(ISBLANK(E1),">0",E1),C:C,IF(ISBLANK(F1),">0",F1),D:D,IF(ISBLANK(G1),">0",G1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back