SUMPRODUCT w/ 2 Date Ranges + 2 Conditions

thomas_fcc

Hi everyone,

I've been having quite a bit of difficulty with this formula i'm working on, and here are the details!

1) In my work book i have 3 spreadsheets.
On the 1st and 2nd spreadsheet, in the F column, the agent puts the day (mm/dd/yyyy) that the call was made on, then there name in column G.

2) On my 3rd spreadsheet, i have a calendar control object, which when the wanted date is selected, it will pop it up in cells O12 & P12. The calendar control works 100%. This way i can track for one day at a time.

3) On this same 3 spreadsheet, theres a list of the agents who filled the call names in on the other 2 spreadsheets (column G), and my goal is to be able to pick a date on the calendar, and it will display the total calls for that day for that person (by going off the date range i pick), and below it, a total for everyone.

Here's my code for these agents;

=SUMPRODUCT((('May Expiry 09'!F2:F700>=O12)*('May Expiry 09'!F2:F700<=P12)+('April Expiry 09'!F2:F700>=O12)*('April Expiry 09'!F2:F700<=P12)),('April Expiry 09'!G2:G700="NAME")+('May Expiry 09'!G2:G700="NAME"))
Date from, to, for both sheets, then the condition for each sheet.

Whats happening is that my totals code i had mentionned (which is;

=SUMPRODUCT(('May Expiry 09'!F2:F700>=O12)*('May Expiry 09'!F2:F700<=P12)+('April Expiry 09'!F2:F700>=O12)*('April Expiry 09'!F2:F700<=P12)) )

is 100% accurate, however the individual totals are counting cells that are not even linking to their name or the right date! I know theres something wrong because if i pick a date, the sum of the individuals should equal my total balance. Some days its accurate, and some aren't.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and i'm having a little trouble.

Could anyone help me please? If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hello thomas, welcome to MrExcel,

You need to combine the conditions differently to avoid erroneous results, try

=SUMPRODUCT(('May Expiry 09'!F2:F700>=O12)*('May Expiry 09'!F2:F700<=P12)*('May Expiry 09'!G2:G700="NAME")+('April Expiry 09'!F2:F700>=O12)*('April Expiry 09'!F2:F700<=P12)*('April Expiry 09'!G2:G700="NAME"))

Upvote 0
Barry_Houdini,

It works amazingly! I've spent hours tinkering with this; you have no idea how much your help has been appreciated!

I wouldn't suppose you know why it must be combined differently, and how excel calculates these formulas?

Thanks again! Your the man!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back