Survey Questions Excel-Highest Occurence, Second, Third, etc.

common763

Might be missing the obvious but need some help. I have this data that I extract from a SharePoint survey and dump into excel. The questions all have various responses and the report is becoming tedious to maintain. I want to pull the highest response, second, third for each question. When I use the below formula it only works if the data range is exact.

=IFERROR((INDEX(A1:A10,MODE(MATCH(A1:A10,A1:A10),0)+{0,0})),"") for Highest

=IFERROR(INDEX(A$1:A$10,MODE(IF(COUNTIF(H$1:H1,A$1:A$10)=0,MATCH(A$1:A$10,A$1:A$10,0)+{0,0}))),"") for second,etc.

I cant dump this data into a pivot table because one question has yes/no, the next ratings 1-5, etc. Is there a better approach? If not is there a way to automate this so I can use something similar to the formula that would prevent me from having to reset the data range each month because that would take forever? I have three separate surveys to track with about 60 total questions.

If i am not explaining properly...I select say A1:A100 and data only is present in A1:A10 the formula above doesnt work.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back