table formula issues

MonsterMan

I am trying to get this simple. Excel table to work. The idea is show if all trades that are made, whether, Winners or Losers. If the trade is a Long, the exit price need to be higher than the entry price to be a winner, if it is less, then the trade will be a loser.

Setup – Long
Entry – 10
Exit 12
Winner (will show ‘Winner’)
Setup – Long
Entry – 10
Exit 9
Loser (will show ‘Loser’)

The same goes for a short trade. The exit price needs to be lower than the entry price to be a winner. If it is higher than the entry price, then the trade is a loser.
Setup – Short
Entry – 10
Exit – 9
Winner (will show ‘Winner’)
Setup – Short
Entry 10
Exit – 11
Loser (will show ‘Loser’)

The formula I have so far is this, but does not seem to be working. Can anyone help me out please?

=IF[Entry]="",[Exit]="","",IF([Setup]="Long", IF[Exit]-[Entry]>0,"Winner","Loser", =IF[Entry]="",[Exit]="","",IF([Setup]="Short", IF[Exit]-[Entry]<0,"Winner","Loser")

I would attach the spread sheet, but I can't seem to find a button at attach. So, I have uploaded a screenshot - https://imgur.com/kKBfLMZ

Thank MM

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Welcome to Mr Excel forum

Maybe...

=IF([@Setup]="Long",IF([@Exit]>[@Entry],"Winner","Looser"),IF([@Entry]>[@Exit],"Winner","Looser"))

Hope this helps

M.

Upvote 0
Hi, thats works perfectly. Thankyou. Is there anyway to change it, so I only get the winner/loser to be shown after I enter the values in the setup/Entry/Exit cells, so once the exit is entered, it will change to winner or Loser? As you can see, on the 3rd trade, it shows Winner, even thou there is not value entered in the exit cell. I’ve added another screen shot - https://imgur.com/4bUKNPG

Upvote 0
Try this

=IF(OR([@Setup]="",[@Entry]="",[@Exit]=""),"",IF([@Setup]="Long",IF([@Exit]>[@Entry],"Winner","Looser"),IF([@Entry]>[@Exit],"Winner","Looser")))

M.

Upvote 0
Hi again, thanks for the great help. I have added more features to the spreadsheet, I think all the formula is correct, but I do have another problem.
On the first entry, a ‘Short’. The table shows -0.57 risk per share, -1.75 Profit per share, Return $ (1,750.00) and Return % -18%. Would it be possible to have both Long and Short trades to be to be shown without brackets or ‘-‘ when they are winning trades. If the trade is a Loss, then can we have the brackets and ‘-‘shown on that that trade to show that it was a loss? I have uploaded it to - https://nofile.io/f/WyBgBAF4wNQ/Book1.xlsx

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back