Table Objects - dynamic resizing HELP

UnderCoverGlover

Hello,

My first post, so please bear with me...

I have a regular task where I receive a set of data in a fixed format and some of the data needs to be changed to alternate, default values.

My solution involves the use of 2 tables, on separate worksheets, within a single workbook.

I open the source workbook and copy the source data onto an 'Input' worksheet in my workbook.

My 'Input' worksheet contains an Input Table object.

My 'Output' worksheet also contains a Table object (Output Table), which references the 'Input' worksheet and table.
The 'Output' table contains formulae which update the values.

No problems so far.

My source data will contain a different number or rows each day.
On day one I could have 50 rows of data, on day two I could have 500 rows of data.

Copying data to the 'Input' table is not a problem, it will automatically expand to accommodate extra rows and it is easy for me to remove rows if there is less data.
What I would really like is for my 'Output' table to automatically resize to match the 'Input' table.
i.e. If there are 50 input rows then there should be 50 output rows, if there are 500 input rows then there should be 500 output rows.

Now, I know that it is easy for me to manually resize the Output table accordingly, but I'd like it to be a bit cleaner and, well, cleverer!

I'm not convinced that what I'm trying to achieve is even possible but welcome any suggestions.

Many Thanks,
Phil

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
el_gazar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back