Take data from another close excel workbook with macro

serdarvergili

Hi everyone , firstly english is not my main language sorry for that.I have a main file which is working with 15 different source file.In the main file on A columns datas should be taken from source files on TOTAL sheets on A column.But the problem is a lot of data in TOTAL sheets and they are repeating, so how can I take these data without repeat ? Howewer A column in the main file should be automatic updatable.I tried to make that with excels formulas but it didn't work when the source files close.I think only way to make this situation is macro and I dont know anything about macro.Thanks a lot.

Main File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zvF_l4EJhHihd1LkQ02CWr-QY0BB6JaR/view?usp=sharing
One of the Source File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UwbrDzco11dKa1RaG0JUu56jri4A7cDY/view?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
A problem that I can see in the data in the "TOTAL" sheet is that some of the duplicate values in column A have different values in column E because the formula returns a different value from the "SUBAT2019" sheet. For example, the value "M181103" in A103, A114 and A115 has different values in column E. If you delete the duplicates, which one do you want to keep?

Upvote 0
But it has to be like that because A column means "Work Order Numbers" , E column means " Working Hours " so It cant be equal.

Upvote 0
I understand what you are saying but you said
a lot of data in TOTAL sheets and they are repeating, so how can I take these data without repeat ?
I assume that you want to delete the duplicate values in column A. If you want to delete the duplicates, you have to decide which one you want to keep. If I misunderstood what you want to do, please upload a revised main file and manually add the data from the source file to show the result you want to achieve. This will make it easier to understand what the end result should look like.

Upvote 0
Oh I see you now.I dont want to delete the duplicate values on column A in source file.I want to take these datas from source file to main file(First sheet and column A) without repeated.The duplicate values should be deleten in main file.I can't change to source file that belong to other engineers.

Upvote 0
Do you want to copy only the values from column A?

Upvote 0
Yeap but it should be uptadable for exmp. when some of engineers add a new value like "M190512" that value has to come automatically to my main file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back