Target dates to submit reports

Salamullah

Board Regular
Target dates excluding holidays (Fri & Sat) of each month to put through formula in plan sheet to get reports from different people, please help me to make a formula in each month based on work days (WKD)

Report WKD Jan Feb Mar ... ....
A 2 2/1/19 4/2/19 4/3/19 ... ....
B 4 6/1/19 6/2/19 6/3/19 ... ....
C 9 13/1/19 13/2/19 13/3/19 ... ....

I have downloaded Calendar Template from excel and wanted to apply formula from it.

Hi Yes that's what I was looking for, excellent !! many thanks.

a little more modification required, if not mind, now I have a list of annual holidays how can we incorporatesuppose Sun & Mon 2nd and 3rd Jun is public holidays,similarly in other month as per the list.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi Salamullah,
Yes it is possible to detect holidays with formulas, please look now if that is what you need, look in https://1drv.ms/x/s!AovCE1fDrrdSmFJcN0k8fUc3G5UE
The formula is getting very complex, the formula now is
Code:
 =IF(WEEKDAY(EDATE($A3,B$1))=7,WORKDAY.INTL(EDATE($A3,B$1),2,7,$O$2:$O$14),IF(WEEKDAY(EDATE($A3,B$1))=6,WORKDAY.INTL(EDATE($A3,B$1),2,7,$O$2:$O$14),WORKDAY.INTL(EDATE($A3,B$1)-1,1,1,$O$2:$O$14)))

In the formula and in the sheet you will see the range $O$2:$O$14, that is the range for holidays, if you need more holiday dates replace the 01/01/2001 to the holiday date you need, the holiday date must have a year 2019 for this test sheet.
If you want the holiday range somewhere else you will have to change the formulas, replace $O$2:$O$14 with the range where the holiday list is.
The main problem with this exercise is that seems to be a triple (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) non-working weekdays and the Excel function WORKDAY.INTL supports only singles and doubles, so it has to be done by IF or you can try doing it with WORKDAY.INTL(WORKDAY.INTL(…))
I hope this is what you needed.
Cheers
Sergio

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COrmerod

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back