Tax Rate Cell

hhammash

Board Regular
Hi,

I have in cell A3 a value for Tax rate (0.037216), and in b5 I have a formula to calculate the tax for the purchase price =A5*A3/100. The tax rate might change after a month or so, how can the user, who is an old man, change the value in A3 without affecting the already calculated cells.

Example:
From A5 to A23 the tax was calculated based on 0.037216, how can the user change the tax rate in cell A3 to (0.037145) and affect only the new rows and keep the calculated values from A5 to A23 untouched (based on the old tax rate).

Thanks

Hi,

The values in the previously calculated cells is still the formula =A8*A$3/100 and is still being affected by the change.

Maybe I am applying this in a wrong way. What I am doing is click on A3 then:
Tools > Macro > Visual Basic Editor > Paste the code then editing the range from
With Range("$B$5:$B" to With Range("$B$5:$B1004" > Save.

When I go back to A3 and change the value all the values in B column are effected.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Ow often will the tax rate change? If its yearly or on specified dates you could buil a tax table and use a vlookup tied to dates to reference, you wont be able to change it using just one cell and one rate. VBA may work that way, doubt a single cell formula would though

Scottylad2's idea is good & correct, your case should not use VBA. Vlookup is okay. e.g. vlookup(input_date,tax_table,2,1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back