Topics selection macro.

Ryan1996

Board Regular
Is there anyway i can populate a new page to show some kind of filtered information based on whether a series of cells are populated yes or no.

I want to have a list of cells that each have the option "yes" or "no".

I then want to be able to run a macro or some kind of automation where it looks for all of the "Yes" and then only shows the information for those options on the next page.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Most anything can be done with Excel.
But we always need specific details about what you may want.

Now you said "Page" but I assume you mean "Sheet"

So give me a example of what you may want.

So let me see if I can see what you want.

So are you saying when you activate a script you want the script to Look in Column("G") of sheet named "Master"

And if it finds the value "Yes" it will copy that entire row to a sheet named "Special"

See this is a example of the details we need.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I never received anything on my last post and assumed it was lost in the list of other questions.

So i have two sheets, lets call them sheet1 and sheet2 for now.

On sheet1 i have some options along with a cell for "Yes" or "No"
See here - https://ibb.co/YfKK6pG

on sheet 2 i have each of the options from sheet1 but with more columns and more information.
Sheet2 here - https://ibb.co/1GpyjmJ
Column F being the information from column B in sheet 1

I've had a look at this and i think there are one of two ways that i think could work, i'm just not sure how.

1. Create a forumula to say if No is in column D3 then hide 6.1.5 rows in sheet2. (also needs to be done for D4, D5, D6 and so on)

OR

2. create a formula to format all "No" to show the No controls in sheet2 to be colour grey. and then another button to say if colour in sheet 2 is grey hide the row/s.

Upvote 0
I never click on links on this forum to see what users want so you should assume all I know is what you tell me.

And what does this mean?

Create a forumula to say if No is in column D3 then hide 6.1.5 rows in sheet2

Hide 6.1.5 rows ???

And I prefer you tell me what the end goal is and I will provide the way to do it.

Upvote 0
2 sheets.

Sheet1 1 has options (6.1.5/6.1.6/and so on) for each option there is a cell in the next column that either says "yes" or "no"

in sheet 2 there is alot of information. Based on whether the cell from sheet 1 says yes or no will determine what happens to the information in sheet2.

In sheet1
If A1 is 6.1.5 and B1 is "No" Then in sheet 2 anything with the option 6.1.5 in Column F will be picked up and that whole row/s will be marked as Grey. I have done this with conditional formatting however i need a quicker way for each option as i don't want to create 100's and 100's of rules.

This means for each option in sheet 1 (6.1.5/6.1.6/so on) if marked as "no" those rows should be greyed out in sheet 2.

The ones mark as Yes will be left in sheet 2 as the colour they are.

Once all have been set to yes/no as required i then need a formula to say all cells in sheet 2 that are coloured grey need to be hidden.

Upvote 0
If in sheet 1 we have
----A----B- C D
1 6.1.5 No
2 6.1.6 Yes
3 6.1.7 No

And in sheet 2 we have
---A----- B---- C---- D---- E----- F----- G---- H - To U
1- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.5- Info- Info
2- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.5- info- info
3- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.5
4- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.6
5- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.6
6- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.7
7- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.7
8- Info- Info- Info- Info- Info- 6.1.7

As you can see in some cases some of the options may have multiple of that option. like 6.1.5 might be on 4 rows or 6.1.6 could be on 2 rows where 6.1.7 might be on 7 rows or more.

I need one formula that says if the cell next to 6.1.5 on sheet1 says no then all of the 6.1.5 rows on sheet2 should be hidden or if need be set to grey and then another formula to say hide all greys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm going to pass on this question. And I'm sure someone else here at Mr. Excel will be able to help you.

Your original post said if Yes do this if No do this.

But now your question involves something like 6.1.1.5 or something else then set another column to No then if no turn a cell a particular color and then do this.

This is more then I'm able to comprehend and it also involves hiding rows.

Upvote 0
For now i just want to be able to set the colour of the row in sheet 2 to be grey if the cell in sheet 1 is set as no.

It's simply done by conditional formatting for one of them but as i have 100's of them i need a way for it to pick up them all without me individually creating formats to do so.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riley Johnson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back