Tracking

tlynn

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So, yet another boneheaded question from the new guy...this one has really got me confused. Be that as it may...I need to track the actual days someone is gone from work sickness related. What I have is a list of names ie:

Joe Shmoe
Joe Dirt
Joe Somebody
Rasoe Coultrain
John Doe

And what I need is to create a form that I can enter or view 1) how many total days the employee has been sick and 2) what days he/she has missed specifically.

On a side note, it would be great if I could get the Calendar deal that I can insert into a form, or some kind of calendar that is, to actually show the days.

I realize this may well be beyond my abilities (the calendar part) so if I can just be told how I could make the first part work that would be great.

Thanks in advance-
~T :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
You should have two tables - Employees and DaysOff.
You should have a one-to-many relationship defined between these tables.
You create a query, based on both tables.
In the Query Design, right click on the join line... you should see Join Properties... if not, try again.
Select Join Properties and set to 2, then click on OK.
Select the Employee and the columns from the DaysOff table that you want in your query.
Test, then Save.
Create a Report, based on this query.
Allow the Report to SUM the Total Days off for each Employee by adding a Text field to the Page Footer =Sum([DaysOff])

This should provide you with the individual days off as well as the overall count of missed days for each Employee... At the end of the Report, you can see Total Days Off for everyone by adding a Text field to the Report Foorter =Sum([DaysOff])

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back