Transfering Text from and Activex Textbox in one sheet to another Activex Textbox in another sheet

Mcfg007

Hello

I am looking to transfer text from an Activex Textbox in one sheet to another Activex Textbox in another sheet?

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

It appears that the code removes the error 1004 code and works fine, however any data brought from another textbox no longer loads on the intended textbox. If I removed the codes and unprotect the sheets, it starts working fine again. So the ask is, how to get the code in without affecting the automatically loading of the boxes.
Just guessing here... perhaps unprotect the sheet(s) in the ThisWorkbook.Open event and protect it again in the ThisWorkbook.BeforeClose event instead of in the control's event. Another possibility is to put the unprotect in the sheet's Activate event and the unprotect in the sheet's Deactivate event... in thinking about it, this latter idea may be the better one. I am not entirely sure of the interactions that are taking place from your code, but the key is to unprotect the sheet (or sheets) before anything is done to it (or them). You may have to experiment until you find the correct location for what you are trying to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Just guessing here... perhaps unprotect the sheet(s) in the ThisWorkbook.Open event and protect it again in the ThisWorkbook.BeforeClose event instead of in the control's event. Another possibility is to put the unprotect in the sheet's Activate event and the unprotect in the sheet's Deactivate event... in thinking about it, this latter idea may be the better one. I am not entirely sure of the interactions that are taking place from your code, but the key is to unprotect the sheet (or sheets) before anything is done to it (or them). You may have to experiment until you find the correct location for what you are trying to do.

The error comes on Topleftcell line, so how do you suggest?

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
With TextBox1
.AutoSize = True
.MultiLine = True
.WordWrap = True
.TopLeftCell.RowHeight = TextBox1.Height
.Width = 474.6 'Set as required
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Right I got all the other to work apart from the sheet where I have two Active X boxes retrieving data from another sheet. They do protect fine and return the date, but the sheet where the data is entered, when I select the text box to write and start writing it starts jumping and you can not see what you write, then when finish it stops and the text is there and transferred to the next box. just not sure why is creating this flickering of the box.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right I got all the other to work apart from the sheet where I have two Active X boxes retrieving data from another sheet. They do protect fine and return the date, but the sheet where the data is entered, when I select the text box to write and start writing it starts jumping and you can not see what you write, then when finish it stops and the text is there and transferred to the next box. just not sure why is creating this flickering of the box.
I am guessing your code is in the TextBox's Change event, correct? If so, did you set Application.EnableEvents = False at the start of procedure and then set it to True at the end of the procedure?

Upvote 0
I am guessing your code is in the TextBox's Change event, correct? If so, did you set Application.EnableEvents = False at the start of procedure and then set it to True at the end of the procedure?

Hi Rick

on the sheet (Case Deatails) I have the imputing textboxes I have the following code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
End Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Sheets("CI Report").TextBox1.Value = TextBox1.Value
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
Private Sub TextBox2_Change()
Sheets("CI Report").TextBox2.Value = TextBox2.Value
End Sub
Private Sub TextBox4_Change()
End Sub
Private Sub TextBox3_Change()
Sheets("CI Report").TextBox3.Value = TextBox3.Value
End Sub

On the sheet (CI Report) that I am getting the text into the Texboxes I have the following code,

Option Explicit
Sheets("CI Report").Unprotect "Mcfgomes007"
With TextBox1
.AutoSize = True
.MultiLine = True
.WordWrap = True
.TopLeftCell.RowHeight = TextBox1.Height
.Width = 400 'Set as required
Sheets("CI Report").Protect "Mcfgomes007"
End With
End Sub
Private Sub TextBox2_Change()
Sheets("CI Report").Unprotect "Mcfgomes007"
With TextBox2
.AutoSize = True
.MultiLine = True
.WordWrap = True
.TopLeftCell.RowHeight = TextBox2.Height
.Width = 400 'Set as required
Sheets("CI Report").Protect "Mcfgomes007"
End With
End Sub

So where should be the Application.EnableEvents = False ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back