Transferring row details from one sheet to another from an action

THEJONLOPEZ

I know excel basics and am trying to learn more advanced options. I am trying to figure out how to transfer row information from one sheet into another sheet with similar criteria. The sheets act as steps in a process for my department. Is this achievable? I also would like to know how to create a drop down box containing text that correlates what action the row should take. Once the action is selected the information from one row will be transferred to another sheet in the process system. Also if this is possible to do and still re-sort the sheets without compromising the code. If anyone could help i would be very grateful.

You need to highlight the column you plan to put "Received" in then Choose Data from the Ribbon then choose "List" then enter Received in source.

Then no one will be allowed to enter any value other then "Received" in this column.

Then you need to tell me what need to happens when a person enters "Received" in that column on any row

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back