Translate an embedded Excel formula in vba for Excel

Jayem877

Hi folks,

Could anyone help me translate the following Excel formula to VBA:

=IF(NETWORKDAYS(B5;B5)=0;0;IFERROR(INDEX(CS;MATCH(C5;CS_Position;0);MATCH(B5;CS_Date;1));IFERROR(INDEX(EC;MATCH(C5;EC_Position;0);MATCH(B5;EC_Date;1));IFERROR(INDEX(FI;MATCH(C5;FI_Position;0);MATCH(B5;FI_Date;1));IFERROR(INDEX(PA;MATCH(C5;PA_Position;0);MATCH(B5;PA_Date;1));IFERROR(INDEX(UTE;MATCH(C5;UTE_Position;0);MATCH(B5;UTE_Date;1));"Not found"))))))

Where:
-CS, CS_Position, EC, EC_Position, etc. are referenced names I put in Excel.
-B5, C5 are my cells in Excel.

Recording a macro did not give probing results.

Any thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!

JayEm

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Translating Excel formulas to VBA are not always the way to go when attempting to create VBA functionality. It is better if you give a scenario of what you are attempting to achieve. Explain it to us as if we are standing in line at a coffee shop and you are explaining it. In this manner, we may be able to provide a solid VBA solution that suits your specific needs.

Upvote 0
Here would be my story then (sorry English is my second language, let me know if something is not clear):

The file is used to calculate salary pay. So I have multiple tabs, each tabs contains 1 collective agreement. On 1 tab, the type of jobs are on one column, let's say "CS_Position" and the dates are on one row "CS_Date". Names in parenthesys are named range by the way. The corresponding salary are in a matrix, so basically the layout is ready like a vlookup formula. Except that my embedded formula 'Index' with 'match' picks up the column automatically.

So on the primary tab, I have on one cell "C5", where the job position is, let's call it "EC job level 2" and on cell "B5" the date, let's call it "2016-08-01". So the formula above (located in cell "D5") looks for the "EC job level 2" in name ranged "CS_Position" first, in that case, returns an error, then the formula continues, it goes look in named ranged "EC_Position", (finds it!), and with the date, returns the corresponding salary at the intersection of the "EC_Position" and "EC_Date", like a VLookup!

I want that logic in Excel VBA. Does it helps? Let me know if you need more details.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back