Transparent Background Image Printing Grey and Text In Front of Image

FRIJOE

Hello,

I have two questions for a cover sheet I am attempting to create. I have a template for a cover sheet I'd like to start using but am running into two errors.

Background:
I have inserted a shape the size I want the background image to appear. Then I went into the shape options --> fill --> and selected "Picture or texture fill". I then inserted the picture by clicking file and selecting the corresponding picture. After that, I upped the transparency to roughly 80% so it would be visible in the background but the text could still show through.

Problem 1:
When I attempt to print the transparent image shows grey. I've done some research online and found several sources claiming the picture needs to be in the correct format (.png, .jpg, .gif) with the correct color mode RGB. I have attempted all and still am printing grey.

free photo uploading sites

Problem 2:
Is there any way to have the image in the background so I can still edit the cells? Right now I can only work on the cells and then import the picture after. Any attempt to click on the cells and it automatically attempts to select the picture. I've tried right clicking and sending the image to the back, but it does not work.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I found a bit of a tedious way around Problem 2. I copied the entire document and offset it a few cells to the right. I have all the cells linked so now if you edit a cell in A3 (for example) the cell in AB3 automatically changes. The input looks exact and automatically populates the template with the transparent image (which still is not working). I adjusted the print area to the offset version so when I hit print, the information is correct but the image is still grey.

Does anyone have input with Problem 1?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back