*Tricky* - trying to concatenate which will permit bullets when copied out

roylionking

Hi - this seems to be a bit tricky.
I've got a sheet with columns - each column, say 3 of them, is a list of items (actually they're summary points from colleagues).
I concatenate just using & but clean the text and skip the blanks.
I add a CHAR(10) at the end of each point that I concatenate.

BUT - when I copy into MSWord it looks just as I want - each point on seperate lines. But when I click the bullets button only the top line gets a bullet. All the other lines below seem to be part of the same bullet point even though they have seperate lines.
I've tried CHAR(13), going out on a limb I tried CHAR(244)..just can't get it to work.

How can I use excel to pull together a list which, when copied into word, will allow me to turn into bullet points?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Doh! Just realised that I'm pasting across cells from excel so in word it pastes a table. Bullets et all get screwed up.

Hi - this seems to be a bit tricky.
I've got a sheet with columns - each column, say 3 of them, is a list of items (actually they're summary points from colleagues).
I concatenate just using & but clean the text and skip the blanks.
I add a CHAR(10) at the end of each point that I concatenate.

BUT - when I copy into MSWord it looks just as I want - each point on seperate lines. But when I click the bullets button only the top line gets a bullet. All the other lines below seem to be part of the same bullet point even though they have seperate lines.
I've tried CHAR(13), going out on a limb I tried CHAR(244)..just can't get it to work.

How can I use excel to pull together a list which, when copied into word, will allow me to turn into bullet points?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back