Trouble linking fields together in one table

dbass

First let me apologize for this posting. I am an Access noob, with little intention of mastering it. However, I'm very savvy with these kinds of things normally, and have passed my frustration threshold. I am fairly certain that this is a very basic question, but so far can only find info on linking two or more table together, rather than forcing information from a single table to stick together...

I need to create 4.75x2.5 in. labels using MS Access. I need to insert an image behind the text, so I believe that the Label Wizard option is not going to work.

I have created a Table containing all of my master information, which consists of the following fields:

*Item - Literally the name of the product, up to 50 characters. This is the field I need to be able to sort by.

*Allergens – A list of all associated Allergens by item, up to 255 characters. I need to link this field to the Item field.

*Vegan – Whether an item is vegan or not, only 1 character. I need this field to link to the Item field.

I have created a Report that creates a label for each Item, with the associated Allergens and the Vegan information. Again, the labels have an image behind the text. I can print 8 on a page, and get a complete set from my master Table (described above). Beautiful, no?

I need to create a Table or Query that allows me pull the information from my master Table, for some of the items. I.e., if my master Table contains ‘Apples’, ‘Pears’, ‘Bananas’, and ‘Oranges’, I may want to create labels only for ‘Apples’ and ‘Oranges’. So, I want a Table or Query where I can simply type ‘Apples’ in one field and 'Oranges' in another. Then I plan to attach this new Table or Query to a new Report, allowing me to print single items like the Report described above.

Now here is the issue that I keep running into: I cannot force a Report, Table or Query (for these single labels) to pull in the associated Allergen and Vegan information.
How can I tie this information to the Item field?

So long, I know, but I want to make sure I'm giving enough info to make sense. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back