Trying to apply same range name to different worksheets

SGBCleve

I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it.
I am trying to take data from one worksheet and bring it into another.
First I am trying to define name ranges in worksheeets 2 through 9 with the names Range1, etc to Range11. (Worksheet2 has a name "Trial23", Worksheet3 is "Trial24", etc to "Trial40").

I tried the following subroutine to name my ranges, but they all come out referring to the same worksheet
I thought about using an array, but wasn't able to get it to work properly either., but saved my array in the comments section.
Code:
Sub ranges1to11()
'
' range Macro
' create range1, range2, range3, range4, range5, range6, range7, range8, range9, range10, range11
'

' Dim wsName As Variant

Dim n As Integer

'wsName = Array("Trial23", "Trial24", "Trial25", "Trial26", "Trial27", "Trial28", "Trial29", "Trial30", "Trial31", "Trial32", "Trial33", "Trial34", "Trial35", "Trial36", "Trial37", "Trial38", "Trial39", "Trial40")

For n = 2 To 19

Sheets(n).Range("B2:E3754").Name = "Range1"
Sheets(n).Range("F2:I3754").Name = "Range2"
Sheets(n).Range("J2:M3754").Name = "Range3"
Sheets(n).Range("N2:Q3754").Name = "Range4"
Sheets(n).Range("R2:U3754").Name = "Range5"
Sheets(n).Range("V2:Y3754").Name = "Range6"
Sheets(n).Range("Z2:AC3754").Name = "Range7"
Sheets(n).Range("AD2:AG3754").Name = "Range8"
Sheets(n).Range("AH2:AK3754").Name = "Range9"
Sheets(n).Range("AL2:AO3754").Name = "Range10"
Sheets(n).Range("AP2:AS3754").Name = "Range11"
Sheets(n).Range("A4:A3754").Name = "Time"

Next n
 End Sub
Can someone help me with the above subroutine? (Of course, I could just go into each sheet and define the names, but it is cumbersome.

I then want to copy data from the first worksheet into the second row of the other worksheets. Unfortunately the first worksheet data is in consectutive rows of four columns wide that I need to bring into row B of each worksheet and each four cells will need to be pasted in adjacent columns of the sheet until the condition is met. I assumeI can use a range with an offset to do that.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Code:
Worksheets(n).Names.Add Name:="Range1", RefersTo:=Worksheets(n).Name & "!B2:E3754"

Here's an example for the first line you provided. I have no idea if the "RefersTo" will work as I have it, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
Worksheets(n).Names.Add Name:="Range1", RefersTo:=Worksheets(n).Name & "!B2:E3754"

Here's an example for the first line you provided. I have no idea if the "RefersTo" will work as I have it, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks, I tried, but it didn't help. I will probably wind up appending a trial number to each range.

Upvote 0
The code below should set up the Range Names you're looking for.

Code:
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim rng As Range
Dim i As Long, j As Long

For i = 2 To 19
    Set ws = Worksheets(i)
    With ws.Names
        Set rng = ws.Range("B2:E3754")
        .Add Name:="Time", RefersTo:="='" & ws.Name & "'!$A$[COLOR=#ff0000][B]4[/B][/COLOR]:$A$3754"  'should this 4 be a 2?
        For j = 1 To 11
            .Add Name:="Range" & j, RefersTo:="='" & ws.Name & "'!" & rng.Offset(, 4 * j - 4).Address
        Next j
    End With
Next i

But I'm not clear what you mean by this. Can you please provide more detail:

I then want to copy data from the first worksheet into the second row of the other worksheets. Unfortunately the first worksheet data is in consectutive rows of four columns wide that I need to bring into row B of each worksheet and each four cells will need to be pasted in adjacent columns of the sheet until the condition is met. I assumeI can use a range with an offset to do that.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much! I posted the second part as a new Query. I am sure there are a number of mistakes in the new query, but the idea is there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VictorSiwiide

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back