Trying to Perfomr Data valaidtion if # exceeds value in other cell.

msvoboda27

A
B
C
D
E
F
This Wk Hrs Worked
Prev Wk Hs worked
Prev all Hrs Worked
Estimate hrs
cumulative hrs
New Total Hs
(sum b:c)

<tbody>
</tbody>
Trying to understand how I can perform data validation if exceed value in other cell. Input Cell A2 prevent data from being entered if exceed value in D2 (estimated hrs)
The max hours can post would be 10, the example show worked total11 and need to cap at 10.
Can someone please offer guidance.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMexcel

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...