Unable to Read File

Hoozits

I know that there are many posts under this subject, but I feel my situation is unique. I have a file that, despite attempts on my part to avoid this, continues to become corrupt. So far, I've tried to recreate it and recreate it and it still becomes corrupt after awhile. I've also tried saving it to a different location, multiple locations in fact, and each file in each location then becomes corrupt in time. There is nothing unusual about this file, not its size, not its content. I can't just continue to recreate the file all day long over and over again. I've used this file for literally years without problem. Any suggestions?!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Without knowing what is in this file, what it does, or who uses it, it is really impossible to say.

However, the first thing that I would check for would be viruses on your computer (and other computers that might be used to work on or update this file).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back