Updating formula from macro

n35

Hello again,

So, been trying to make a macro that updates a formula in a cell with values from a loop.

What I am basing this on is an example found on google.

Code:
Sub Macro2()

x = Range("A1")
y = Range("A2")

Range("B2") = "= sum(C" & x & ":C" & y & ")"
This will insert the formula
Code:
=SUM(Cx:Cy)
Where X and Y is start and end of a range of cells, for instance C3 through to C7

The above example works. What I am then attempting to do, is use that as a basis to get a macro working that does something similar but slightly different.

What I have so far is this.
Code:
Sub Macro3()
x = 2
Range("BO3") = "=IF(AND(AK3=1;C" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AL3=1;D" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AM3=1;E" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AN3=1;F" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AO3=1;G" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AP3=1;H" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AQ3=1;I" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AR3=1;J" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AS3=1;K" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AT3=1;L" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AU3=1;M" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AV3=1;N" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AW3=1;O" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AX3=1;P" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AY3=1;Q" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(AZ3=1;R" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BA3=1;S" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BB3=1;T" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BC3=1;U" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BD3=1;V" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BE3=1;W" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BF3=1;X" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BG3=1;Y" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BH3=1;Z" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BI3=1;AA" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BJ3=1;AB" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BK3=1;AC" & Period & "=1);1)+IF(AND(BL3=1;AD" & Period & "=1);1)
+IF(AND(BM3=1;AE" & period & "=1);1)"

End Sub
Now, this code does not work. I have no idea why, but the editor states there is a syntax error. Which I do not get, since it is based directly upon the first mentioned example.
Basically what the macro I want to build is intended to do the following:

Compare two cells, Cx, and AKx and if both cells equal 1, then add one(1) to a BOx, it does this for each of the 29 rows in the spreadsheet. I need this formula to be updated by a macro, so that when the for loop is in the first loop, where x = 1, then it will look at C1, in the next loop, it will look at C2.

That is, for each loop in the macro, it must compare a number of columns where the row number = x.

I hope this is explained good enough. Else I can attach an example or a figure that illustrates how the spreadsheet is setup.

Even shortening the given macro to the following:

Code:
Sub Macro3()
x = 2
Range("BO3") = "=IF(AND(AK3=1;C" & Period & "=1);1)"

End Sub
Then I get the following error.
Code:
Run-time error '1004':
Application-defined or object-defined error
Please note, I have not included the for loop, since if I cannot get it to work where I just define what X should be, then I am unlikely to get it working with a for loop with shifting values of x.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Solved this myself, by simply moving the functionality into a macro. Was very simple, not sure why I did not think of this sooner.

Code:
Sub CountingComponentGrade() 
 Dim mySheet As Worksheet
    Dim myRange As Range
    Set mySheet = Workbooks("workbook.xlsm").Worksheets("sheet1")
    For y = 3 To 27
        Cells(y, 66) = 0
        For x = 37 To 65
            If Cells(y, x) = 1 Then
                'MsgBox Cells(3, x).Value
                Cells(y, 66) = Cells(y, 66) + 1
            End If

Next x
    Next y
End Sub

Upvote 0
That's what I like most about this forum: post a question and someone always comes up with the answer!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daymo66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back