Use a macro to copy from a form to a database

nbrophywilliams

Hi,

I currently have data entered in report format (full of colours, logos, various formatting - pleasant on the eye). I'd like to copy the data from this report, and subsequent reports that are entered into the same template, and form a database.

So far I've figured out (correct me if I'm wrong) that I should create 'shadow' data - a second tab that autofills from the first tab (initial report) and formats the data into a single row that sits under headings for each variable.

I'd then like to formulate a macro (if this is the correct use) that will allow me to add this data to a database (third tab), i.e. add a row to the bottom of previously processed data that contains the data entered into the latest form.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer!

NBW

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
i don't get what you need exactly. what do you mean by "formats the data into a single row that sits under headings for each variable"? it seems your data base is quite complicated. can you post some example of what you want to achieve?

Upvote 0
i don't get what you need exactly. what do you mean by "formats the data into a single row that sits under headings for each variable"? it seems your data base is quite complicated. can you post some example of what you want to achieve?

Thanks for the swift response and sorry I haven't explained myself clearly. I think the database is fairly simple. I've just put together a very basic model of what it looks like so that you can hopefully get a better understanding of what I mean. I'm now struggling to figure out how to attach or share this file. One forum I came across said that I cannot attach excel files, so I have taken screenshots of the various tabs, but now I'm seemingly unable to attach them!

My apologies, as you can see, I'm obviously very new to this forum!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back