Using a formula with multiple sheets

excelstumped2

I have a spreadsheet with 10 sheets which will be used for keeping track of jersey number inventory. On the first page I have a table with rows ranging from XS to XL and each cell next to each range has a number representing a jersey number. On the other sheets, which are for each team, I have the same table.

What I want to happen is when I enter a number into a cell for a specific jersey size, I want that number to be removed from the first page. This way I will always know what numbers are available.

I am using the following formula which works for one sheet only:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(C33,Team3!L4:AM4,0)),C33,"")

On my first page, I have the jersey number table twice. The bottom table is the main copy that wont change. The top table is where I am putting the formulas in and is referencing the bottom table. So in the above formula, C33 is in the bottom table. This formula works exactly how I want it but only for one page. If I go to the Team3 sheet and enter the C33 number, which is 3 in this case, the cell is blank. If I delete that number from the row in sheet Team3, the 3 appears.

I have tried doing multiple sheets but the formula doesnt work. I have tried =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C33,Team3:Team4!L4:AM4,0)),C33,"") and different variations. Please assist in any way. Thanks.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
First, list your sheet names in a range of cells, let's say G2:G10. Then try...

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&$G$2:$G$10&"'!L4:AM4"),C33))=0,C33,"")

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Domenic,

That is exactly what I was looking for. I have been trying to figure it out for weeks. Thanks for your help and expertise!

Upvote 0
You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back