Using conditional formatting with formulas

gulonraid

Ok im a newbie with Excel. My fire department tasked me with setting up a tracker using excel. Any help would be appreciated. I currently have condition formatting set up so that within a timeframe it will show yellow for if its due within 2 weeks and shows red after it passes 3 weeks. I want the cell that is condition formatted to show clear/blank once it gets a date put into a cell adjacent for the complete date. Any help would be appreciated. If you need a screenshot of what I have please email me. gulonraid@outlook.com

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Can you show your CF formula?
What cell has the due date and what cell gets the complete date?

I imagine it would be something like...
=AND(your-condition, Complete-Date="")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Can you show your CF formula?
What cell has the due date and what cell gets the complete date?

I imagine it would be something like...
=AND(your-condition, Complete-Date="")

I actually don't have a CF formula. I just have the original conditional formatting. I only have 3 rules right now.

Cell value ="" for gray
Cell value between =Today()+0 and =TODAY()+14 for yellow
Cell Value <=TODAY()-1 for red. Im not sure

Upvote 0
I currently have condition formatting set up so that within a timeframe it will show yellow for if its due within 2 weeks and shows red after it passes 3 weeks. I want the cell that is condition formatted to show clear/blank once it gets a date put into a cell adjacent for the complete date.

I actually don't have a CF formula. I just have the original conditional formatting. I only have 3 rules right now.

Cell value ="" for gray
Cell value between =Today()+0 and =TODAY()+14 for yellow
Cell Value <=TODAY()-1 for red. Im not sure

The Date required is the entire C Column from 2-1001. The complete date is the entire F Column from 2-1001.

Select C2:C1001 and make these conditional formatting rules

Gray Rule 1: Formula is =($C2="")
Yellow Rule 2: Formula is =AND($C2 >= Today(), $C2<=TODAY()+14, $F2="")
Red Rule 3: Formula is <today()-1, c2<="">=AND($C2 < TODAY()-1, $C2<>"", $F2="")

Excel will automatically adjust the cell references in the formulas for each selected row.</today()-1,>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Select C2:C1001 and make these conditional formatting rules

Gray Rule 1: Formula is =($C2="")
Yellow Rule 2: Formula is =AND($C2 >= Today(), $C2<=TODAY()+14, $F2="")
Red Rule 3: Formula is <today()-1, c2<="">=AND($C2 < TODAY()-1, $C2<>"", $F2="")

Excel will automatically adjust the cell references in the formulas for each selected row.</today()-1,>

Awesome. It worked. One more quick question. Is there a way that instead of it going back to being a no color fill it could be filled with a different color? Like green showing that the product was returned.

Upvote 0
Awesome. It worked. One more quick question. Is there a way that instead of it going back to being a no color fill it could be filled with a different color? Like green showing that the product was returned.

No Fill is the default color as you have it now. I think if you just filled C2:C1001 with green, it will default back to that when none of the three conditions (rules) are met.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back