Using CUBERANKMEMBER in a formula

bdbilotta

I'm using Excel 2016 pro, 64 bit.

I have a data set off of which i have built some formulas. These formulas are fairly long.

I have a "summary" page that includes the results of these formulas. This page is fairly blunt, not very attractive, and not very user-friendly.

I'd like to build a proper dash board using pivot tables, and for some of my results pivots will work great. And the addition/inclusion of slicers would really work well. I'm currently using a crude method to slice my Summary page with Data Validation drop downs referencing lists.

it would be much cleaner for me to use slicers on the dashboard but i need to figure out how to replace my existing crude slicer cell values in my formulas with the slicer value.

For instance: I can select "Live", "Sim", or "All" in one of my drop downs. I have formulas built to deliver results based on any of those three selections. I'm referencing the cell that the user drops down on - simple. My formula simply contains a reference to that field and based on the value of that field provides the correct result.

I need to understand how to replace that cell reference in my formula with the selected value in the slicer. From what i understand its a "CUBERANKMEMBER" function, but i don't understand how to use it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back