VB code needed to activate scribble pen excel 2010

parmaboy79

I've been building a database for my step daughters new business and have found this site a massive help when writing macros as i have very little knowledge when it comes to visual basic. I have created a constent form that clients need to fill in to record all their details etc into the database but what i wanted was a button that when pressed would turn the cursor into the scribble pen allowing the client to sign the constent form. the cell that would need to be signed is a merged cell f197:s197 on a sheet called new_client. i have tried to record the macro to see what code it uses but it doesnt seem to return any code if you just record the selection of the scrible pen. Any help would be greatly appreciated, im using excel 2010.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Hi,

Try this code out. You'll just have to make a command button for it. I called my command button Signature, but if you'd like a different name, just change the first line of the code to
Code:
Private Sub (name of button here)_Click()

Code:
Private Sub Signature_Click()
Application.CommandBars("Drawing").Controls("AutoShapes").Controls("Lines").Controls("Scribble").Execute
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi Sozu21

Thank you very much for your reply, i had come accross that line of code before and tried without any success but after reading your post realised i had be assigning it as a normal macro to a standard inserted button i had created rather than an active x control, just tried and it worked great. Again thank you very much

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back