VBA Autosave loop, based on conditions

Steve1208

Hello:

As mentioned above I am trying to write a VBA code to autosave my shared workbook, based on a couple of conditions, please read further for clarification:

The workbook as mentioned above is a shared document, up to 5 people will be editing and using the same workbook at the same time. To ensure the workbook is always live with current information it is required for each user to manually save the document constantly, this doesn’t always happen causing information get missed.

Therefore I’m looking for a code that will take that burden away from the user, but the code must only become activated and subsequently loop, based on a set of conditions:

Condition 1:
The workbook has been saved once already (manually)

Condition 2:
The date has been entered into cell E1

(Please note a simpler solution may seem to adopt a new package, such as ‘Once Note’ or similar, however the spreadsheet contains too much info, formulas and VBA to justify migrating the info and translating a new set of rules to a new software package)

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Upvote 0
I understand the limitations, when using a shared document. However whenever changes need to be made and what would usually be limited functions to a shared document need to be added, the share feature is removed changes are made and the document is then reshared.

Access is a good programme, however as mentioned on my original I do not have the luxury of time to; migrate data or learn the benefits, limitations and language of a new platform.

I appreciate your input nevertheless.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnfromHGT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back