vba calculation on bloomberg data

jimmyvba

Hi Guys,

Urgently need help. I want to know if something is possible or not and if anyone has tried it? I want to find out the high and low of two contract prices by pulling data from bloomberg. Lets say, i want to pull out 30 days of Apple and RIMM stock prices through the vba code, check their spread on each of the 30 days and then only print the high and low of this spread on to my excel. The data pulling, high and low calcs should all happen in the background in vba.
The problem is that we have to track the high/low of a lot of spreads for some analysis. The only better way, I have till now is to create a CIX of this spread and pull in the interval high low of the spread dirrectly from bloomberg. However, this would mean creating a lot of CIX's on bbg and sharing it with everyone in the team/clients etc. If it could all be done through vba in the background, it would make life much more easy.

Any clue?

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back