VBA code for work book open event

Caze982

Board Regular
Hi everyone

I have workbook that i want to protect with a password and when it opens ask for the password. i want to use vba code. Does anyone know how to do that?

Sincerly
Christian

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
You can password protect by protecting your workbook. (Review Tab > Protect Workbook)

Using VBA is possible but if people don't have macros enabled then the code won't run. Only way around that, if VBA MUST be used is to hide all the sheets until they click a button which ensures they can only view the workbook if macros are enabled.

Upvote 0
You can password protect by protecting your workbook. (Review Tab > Protect Workbook)

Using VBA is possible but if people don't have macros enabled then the code won't run. Only way around that, if VBA MUST be used is to hide all the sheets until they click a button which ensures they can only view the workbook if macros are enabled.

Thank you for your answer. I would like to use vba code, do you know how to do that?

Sincerly
Christian

Upvote 0
May we ask why? It's far less secure than setting a password to open the workbook by encrypting it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back