bhalbach

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I really need some assistance if someone could help...likely really easy for you guys.

I have been searching for examples I could use for 2 days...

I am trying to use VBA to copy data from multiple worksheets within a workbook to a worksheet called "Data" within the workbook.
- copy multiple data from sheets in the workbook, excluding some sheets that may or may not be hidded.
- the data comes from various cells in the sheets and needs to go to specific columns on the "Data" sheet
- the "data" sheet has the names of the sheets/tabs already in it starting at A3...the sheets/tabs were created from the "Data" sheet using VBA and I would like to validate the data coming from each sheet to the names in column A
- avoiding the screen flicker would be nice
- Can this be accomplished automatically without a command button? Like live data, as I work in the workbook.

P
lease help.

Brent

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Are the following 5 sheets the only sheets that need protection?:
Bid Summary
Data
Progress
TskSheet
EstSheet
Do you want to use a password to protect the sheets?
What do you mean by:
The Progress sheets still do not seem to be locating the sheets at the start of the workbook on the left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As far as the Progress Sheets...When I create a "Progress Sheet" it is created at the end of the workbook, the Right side in the Tab order. So if there is an abundance of Tabs I have to scroll to the end. They would be more appropriate if they were at the Start (far left) of the tab order.

Yes a password would be good. biff1972
I do know how to put a password in and I tried it but everything was just going to error if I protected the sheets because I presume all the referencing to other sheets and cells.

All sheets should be locked to avoid any mistaken deletion or overwriting. They can be completely locked, with ability to unlock and make any changes.

This make sense?

Upvote 0
I don't want anyone to be able to touch the code either...that could end up bad.

Upvote 0
Click here.
The "Progress" sheets will now be added to the left. All sheets and macros are now protected. You will need to enter your password to unprotect the sheets or to access the macros. Please note that this protection is not extremely strong. Anyone with the desire and a little researching would be able to break the password protection.

Upvote 0
When I add anything new to the workbook the new worksheets are not protected.

ie:
On "Data" click "Build Worksheets" all the new EstSheets and TskSheets that are created are not protected.
On a TskSheet click "Add Tasks" any new TskSheets that are created are not protected.
On "Data" click "Build Progress" the "Progress(1)" that is created is not protected.
On "Progress(1)" click "Add Progress" the "Progress(2) that is created is not protected, and "Progress(3)" etc.

Upvote 0
The sheets are protected each time you open your file so the new sheets are not protected until you open the file the next time. If this doesn't work for you, please let me know.

Upvote 0
What I was hoping to have the sheets protected at all times, except the cells that are not formatted to "Locked". My fear is while working in the worksheet a cell with formulas in it may become compromised/deleted.

On another note, on "Data" after I input values in column "D" then tab or enter, the curser goes to column "B" when I am expecting it to be in column "E"...can you change that?

Upvote 0
Morning Mumps,

Still having issues with the protection when adding a TskSheet...When on a "TskSheet" when click "Add Tasks" the newly created TskSheet is not protected.

The "Progress" sheets seem to be locking when I click "Build Progress" on "Data" as well as click "Add Progress" on "Progress(1).

I did notice that on the "Progress" sheet when click "Add Progress" the new progress sheet bottom table values only copy over on Row 13, row 14, 15, etc are not copying. It should be Column "N" values copied to "M" and column "L" are cleared. I thought this was working prior.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purevega

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back