VBA that Finds Matching Cells and Adds Cell Values

pahickham

This is a re-post from another site, since I wasn't having much luck on there:

The problem I'm presenting's a little above my VBA skills, so I appreciate any help and ideas. I've pasted a couple of excel sheets to give a general idea of what I'm looking for. Essentially I'm looking for a code that will find matching the "SAP" numbers, when input on the "Received" tab, and add the "qty" from the "Received" tab to the matching "Actual Qty" in the "Inventory" tab. Thanks for any help in advance, I look forward to seeing these ideas!

https://www.excelguru.ca/forums/showthread.php?9767-VBA-that-Finds-Matching-Cells-and-Adds-Cell-Values

Sorry for the late response, I pasted in the code and there was no trailing space yet the line was still highlighted after the debug

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
The last file you posted had a trailing space in the sheet name. When I removed the extra space and tested the macro, it worked properly. Are you trying the macro on the same file or on a different file? Please upload a copy of the file that is generating the error.

Upvote 0
Click here to download your file. Run the macro in Module2.

Upvote 0
Thank you for all the help, the downloaded VBA works, but for some reason won't work when i copy it onto the original before sheet i had posted? I know it doesn't matter since both sheets are the same, but I can't find the mistake. Also, the only minor issue that I have is that every time i activate the VBA it will continually add what's already been posted in the received section. I know this is my fault for not clarifying, but i intend to keep everything that goes in the received list and wish to add onto it in the future. Sorry to keep bothering you with problems

Upvote 0
Please upload a copy of the file that is not working for you and explain in detail using an example, of what you mean by:
I intend to keep everything that goes in the received list and wish to add onto it in the future.

Upvote 0
Let's try a different approach that might work for you. Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your "Received" sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter a "Y" (uppercase) in column G and exit the cell. Each time you enter a "Y" in any cell in column G, the macro will trigger automatically. This saves you from manually running the macro each time.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("G:G")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim SAP As Range
    If Target = "Y" Then
        Set SAP = Sheets("Inventory").Range("C:C").Find(Target.Offset(0, -4).Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
        If Not SAP Is Nothing Then
            SAP.Offset(0, 1) = SAP.Offset(0, 1) + Target.Offset(0, -3)
        End If
    End If
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ pahickham

re-writing the date, the quantity and now whether or not its already stored doesn't jibe with saying
i intend to keep everything that goes in the received list
as you'll have no record of anything other than the most recently received.

Upvote 0
That works perfectly! Mumps I can't thank you enough for dealing with me! I know I haven't exactly been the most clear or easiest to help, but I appreciate everything you've done!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlottedv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back