VBA that insert new Line, Merge & Center, Change Background, Group, and....

Folsen

Hi Everyone,
I have a very simple but time consuming process when working on some of my Excel Worksheets. I have been browsing here to see if there is someone with similar problem, but so far not found any. During my work I have several Formatting things I do, over and over and over again, but not been able to "Record" and reuse them as a Macro.
I use the "Group" functions to create "sub-groups" for easy or update, filter and view of the information.

Here is a list of the functions I want to do:
1. Insert 2 lines above the cell I am running the VBA from. (This cell would typically be "Grouped" and typically 2nd level)
2. Line 1, Will be "level1" using the Group function, 2nd line is a sub of Line 1.
3. Line 1, "Merge & Center", all cells from Column A to X, then "Outline border", Then "Align" Text LEFT, then set background color to "Dark Blue Text2".
4. Line 2, Add "all Lines Borders" to cells from A to X, and set background color to "Olive Green Accent 3".

The plan is to add this macro to my "Quick Access Toolbar", and simply click-n-run this as needed.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back