VBA to assign print area dynamically

cubefarmed

Greetings coders! I have a problem. My workbook contains two sheets appropriately named Data Dump and Formatting.

Within the Data Dump, I want to establish the amount of rows by using CountA("A3:A50"). For the sake of this question lets say there are 5 data rows.

I want to set my print area on Formatting to be B1 to H165. Columns B and C must be part of the print area, but the column disposition begins with the D column.

Example: If I have 10 rows in Data Dump, I want the print area to be B1:M165. Each additional row increases the Column of my print area by 1.

I hope this makes sense. I tried to conceptualize this in terms of variables and declarations I just started confusing myself. I'm a poor poor VBA student :(

Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Code:
lastColmNo = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("DataDump").Range("A3:A50")) + 3
Sheets("Formatting").PageSetup.PrintArea = Range(Cells(1, 2), Cells(165, lastColmNo)).Address
?

Upvote 0
<font face=Courier New>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Integer</SPAN><br><br>    i = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("Data Dump").Range("A3:A50"))<br>    <br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Sheets("Formatting")<br>        .PageSetup.PrintArea = .Range("B1:M165").Resize(, 2 + i).Address<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0
You both are amazing! Thank you so much!!

I used both of them and they both work. VBA is amazing. I need to work harder at learning it.

Truly appreciate the help. Have a great weekend.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back