VBA transfer data (either Cut or Copy) from sheet 1 to sheet 2 based on specific cell data selection change

TTena

Ultimately what I am attempting to achieve is the following action: (based on the Selection made in the cells of Column M & N on Sheet 1):

(NOTE: Cells "M" and "N" have a drop-down: Blank, YES, or NO)

1) On Sheet 1: If Column "M" (SINGLE PROCESS COMPLETE) is "YES" and
If Column "N" (ENTIRE PROJECT COMPLETE) is "YES" THEN

Cut the Row - Move the Rows Up - Transfer Data to SHEET 2 (Beginning under the Top Row Labels and/or into the next clear row available)

AND

2) On Sheet 1: If Column "M" (SINGLE PROCESS COMPLETE) is "YES" and
If Column "N" (ENTIRE PROJECT COMPLETE) is "NO" THEN

Copy the Row - Transfer Data to SHEET 2 (Beginning under the Top Row Labels and/or into the next
clear row available)

I also want to make sure that any of the Transferred Data (Whether CUT or COPIED) into SHEET 2 Does Not Change if Data in SHEET 1 changes.

Help would be appreciated.... I have written many VBA Codes for this but none are working

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
When you say
I also want to make sure that any of the Transferred Data (Whether CUT or COPIED) into SHEET 2 Does Not Change if Data in SHEET 1 changes.
does that include changes to columns M and N?

Upvote 0
Yes, because Column M is set so other processes can be completed for an entire Project, that is why I added Column N so that the project processes would continue without removing the row to sheet 2 and having to re-entering the project for every step within the poject.

Upvote 0
When column M is "YES" and column N is "NO", the row gets copied to Sheet2. What happens when you then change the "NO" to "YES" in column N?

Upvote 0
It then reverts to the first condition of the VBA Code and it is then Cut (and rows moved up) from Sheet 1 and transferred to Sheet 2

Upvote 0
In order to try to make things work each row has to have a unique identifier such as a Project ID or Project Number. Do you have something like that in your data for each row? If you do, in which column is it? If you don't, can one be added?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
real_will_smith

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back