Very Hard! Open Word from Excel then Copy link from word to excel macro!!

jon321

Hi i have no idea where to start with this one... i need to open a specific word document from excel.

Copy and Paste Special/Link from word back to excel

Thus when the cell link in word is changed so is the excel document. I have to have it this way round as people will be editing the word document.

All this under one macro!

Please help im pulling my hair out now!!:(

Thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I'm trying to understand what you need. You want to update a workbook with information from a Word document?

If so, I think you want it the other way around -- you want some Word VBA code that will push updates to an Excel workbook, whenever the Word doc is updated.

Or do you just want to update it on demand from Excel?

--JP

Upvote 0
hard to explain.. its part of a big system...in which the user will input information into 2 cells in an excel spreadsheet

this information is automatically input via macro into another spreadsheet once typed in on the first

.. at which point i need it to open a certain word file and copy the two cells into this document(Into a Table)then i need the same two cells to be copied(from word) and paste special into another excel sheet (Pasting a link) so when a user changes the information on the word document the information on the following excel document is automatically updated.

think that makes sense....

Upvote 0
What if someone edits the Word document and changes the values? Then the original spreadsheet, and the final spreadsheet will have two different values for the same thing.

--JP

Upvote 0
sorry was trying to explain got abit lost.. the final spreadsheet is the first spreadsheet.. it just replaces the values within the cells with the new cell links.. so when the word doc is edited everything is updated

jon

Upvote 0
so it would go....

spreadsheet(1)(Copy Cells)--->WordDoc(Paste)then(Copy from here)--->Spreadsheet(1)(Paste Special with link)

this means when the info is put into spreadsheet(1) by the user.. it inserts it into the WordDoc and also creates a link from the worddoc to the spreadsheet.... so the user can now edit the word document as needed and ill be alerted to these changes as they would change in the exceldoc...

Upvote 0
I'm still confused about your process here. It sounds like your data is going in circles. You want to edit a spreadsheet, then write the value to a Word doc, and then paste it back into the original spreadsheet. Someone can go to the Word doc to make changes, which can be written back to the original spreadsheet.

This would alert you -- to do what? Change the original two cells? That would just update the Word doc, and we're back in the loop again.

I must be missing something, because it makes no sense. Sorry I can't be more help here.

--JP

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobsscoots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back