View Macros in Excel 2010

horacehill

I am having a tough time trying to view my macros in Excel 2010. I can view and create macros at work on the work computer. I email them to my home. When I get home, I can't view them on my personal computer. I have Excel 2010 at work and home. I went to File-Options-Trust Center and did a few things but to no avail. How do I get my macros to display and run at home? Thanks.

"CopyLine" and "Module1.Uppercase" were just made-up names of macros for example.

The problem is clear from the information you've provided so there's no need for you to list any of the macro names or post an image.
(To my knowledge there isn't a way to paste an embedded image file on this forum. To display a jpg or other image file you need to upload it to a hosting site then link it here so it will be displayed).

The reason you don't see the macros on your home computer is that they are stored in two files that are stored on your work computer: PERSONAL.xlsb and PERSONAL 3-19-2012.xls.

This article explains more about this type of file. You could follow one of the suggestions in the article to either find and copy these two files from your work computer to your personal computer; or copy the code modules from the two Personal* files into the workbook that you email to your home.

Copy your macros to a Personal Macro Workbook - Excel - Office.com

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I copied and pasted a couple of screen prints to show you but I don't see them in previous email to you. How can I copy and paste a screen print in a thread?

Upvote 0
Thank you for offering, but there is no longer any need or benefit to paste the screen print.

The problem and solution are clear as explained in my post #11.

Upvote 0
I got it to work. The personal 3-19-2012.xls worked when I emailed it home from work. I failed to mention that to you. The personal.xlsb was created and displayed at work but would not work at home. HERE IS THE SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME: At work, I saved the personal.xlsb as personal.xls. I emailed it home and it worked. The article that you referenced stated that an .xlsb can not be viewed from computer to computer. That's what prompted me to save it as an .xls filed before sending it home. To summarize ".xls" is the solution if it needs to be viewed from computer to computer. Thanks for your time and if it was not for your lead, I don't think that I would have found a solution. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehanahmadawan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back