Vlookup and Aggregate Formulas

wheath

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a rather large spreadsheet and in one worksheet I put hours associated with certain labor tasks. I would like the hours to translate to another spreadsheet in another format without having to re-type them. I have a formula that was working, but does not seem to be picking up all the items.

I am putting in the link for the spreadsheet. It is the sheet titled "Job Cost" that I input the information. The place I want the information to populate is in "Field Timecard." If you look in Columns Q & R in "Field Timecards" you will see the formulas for pulling the information, however, you will also notice that it isn't pulling to the second page of the timesheet properly. Any suggestions?https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlPk4r6K0G9Mi1qUXpZZE5RU05teVNnQ0VfWFN6QnNKSlVv/view?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Wheath,

Please try this: In cells Q51:Q73, the formula should be:
=IF(ROWS($Q$51:Q51)+COUNT($Q$14:$Q$35)>$T$6,"",INDEX('Job Cost'!$A$7:$A$138,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW('Job Cost'!$A$7:$A$138)-ROW('Job Cost'!$A$7)+1/('Job Cost'!$C$7:$C$138>0),ROWS($Q$51:Q51)+COUNT($Q$14:$Q$35))))

Jeff

Upvote 0
Weath,

I've never used the Aggregate function before. I gotta say, it took me awhile to figure out how that worked. I pulled that apart by its guts and inspected every value. What got me confused was the Array function using ROW('Job Cost'!$A$7:$A$138), subtracting the beginning row from each of the array values ROW('Job Cost'!$A$7), and then adding 1 / each of the hour values to get a Divide by zero error which Aggregate ignores. It's even hard to explain.

I wish someone would explain how those array functions work. I thought there should be a way for Sumifs and Countifs to do the same job, but I wasn't able to duplicate this solution.

Jeff

Upvote 0
Weath,

I've never used the Aggregate function before. I gotta say, it took me awhile to figure out how that worked. I pulled that apart by its guts and inspected every value. What got me confused was the Array function using ROW('Job Cost'!$A$7:$A$138), subtracting the beginning row from each of the array values ROW('Job Cost'!$A$7), and then adding 1 / each of the hour values to get a Divide by zero error which Aggregate ignores. It's even hard to explain.

I wish someone would explain how those array functions work. I thought there should be a way for Sumifs and Countifs to do the same job, but I wasn't able to duplicate this solution.

Jeff

I had completely forgotten how I even developed the logic to write that formula, so I was at a complete loss. Your formula worked perfectly! I don't quite understand some of the array and aggregate functions either.

Upvote 0
I tried to replay to your message. The system tells me you have exceeded your message allotment.

If you want to send me a link to your latest version without my TOC, I will get that in there for you..

Jeff

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back