VLOOKUP formula not working.

FrancisM

Board Regular
I have a VLOOKUP in cell F5 that fills the cell with the word No, if "No Show", or other sect text is in cell L5. The formula below works as expected, but I am trying to adapt it to another workbook.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(L5,{"No Show","No";"Not Interested","No";"Veteran Canceled","No";"Consult Canceled","No";"Transferred to SE","No";"Not Eligible","No";"Referred to SE","No"},2,0),"")

I am trying to have a similar formula where Yes is in cell range O4:R4, will cause “No” to fill N4.

Code:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(O4:R45,{"Yes","No"},2,0),"")

I have tried this formula but is is not working. Any advice as to what I am doing wrong?

I just tried your newest formula. I found that if Yes is entered, the is nothing in cell N4. If No is entered, There is ?. I need to have No in N4. If there is a Yes response in the range indicated.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I just tried your newest formula. I found that if Yes is entered, the is nothing in cell N4. If No is entered, There is ?. I need to have No in N4. If there is a Yes response in the range indicated.

You have to enter the formula

=IF(COUNTIFS(O4:R4,"Yes"),"NO","?")

in N4.

Replace comma with a semi-colon if you are on a non-American system.

This formula returns NO whenever one or more Yes's in O4:R4.

Upvote 0
Thank you Aladin Akyurek. That worked. I replaced ? with "".
1 final question. Can you lead to a link where I can combine this with similar formula. =if(countifs(O4:R,"No"), "Yes","")

Upvote 0
Thank you Aladin Akyurek. That worked. I replaced ? with "".

You are welcome.

{quote]1 final question. Can you lead to a link where I can combine this with similar formula. =if(countifs(O4:R,"No"), "Yes","")[/QUOTE]

How do you mean? Try to word your intention.

Upvote 0
Sorry being so unclear. I just learned that I need a yes/no response for the range.
If the response "Yes" in that range N4 is populated with NO, & "No" in the range N4 is populated with Yes.

Upvote 0
Sorry being so unclear. I just learned that I need a yes/no response for the range.
If the response "Yes" in that range N4 is populated with NO, & "No" in the range N4 is populated with Yes.

O4 >> no
P4 empty
Q4 >> yes
R4 >> no

What is the result?

Upvote 0
Here is are some examples. O4 is populated “no”, P4is empty, Q4 is populated with “Yes”,R5 is populated with “Yes”; the expectedresponse for N4 is “No”.
O5 is populated “Yes”,P4 is empty, Q4 is populated with “Yes”, R5is populated with “Yes”; the expected response for N4 is “No”.
O6 is populated “no”,P4 is empty, Q4 is populated with “NO”, R5is populated with “No”; the expected response for N4 is “Yes”.

I have tried this formula =IF((AND(O5:R5="yes",O5:R5="No")),"No","Yes") The response I get is #VALUE !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would you please stop posting non-working formulas? Instead try to word your goal...

yes, yes, no, no : fill in for this row the expected result.

Give more examples the same way. Try to be exhaustive.

Upvote 0
Sorry. I found I had some typos in the last posting. Here is the corrected posting.
O4 is populated “No”, P4is empty, Q4is populated with “Yes”,R5 is populated with “Yes”; the expectedresponse for N4 is “No”.
O5 is populated “Yes”,P5 is empty, Q45is populated with“Yes”, R5is populated with “Yes”; the expected response for N4 is“No”.
O6 is populated “No”,P6 is empty, Q6 is populated with“NO”, R6 is populated with “No”; the expected response for N4 is“Yes”.
The user would enter their responses in O through R, & the samples above are the actual possible responses & expected responses.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back