Web Query Failed - Returned no data

rking1234

Hello,

I have recently tried to use the Web Query Wizard in Excel and got this error: "This web query returned no data. To change the query, click OK, click arrow on the name box in the formula bar, click the name of the external data range for the Web query, right-click the selection, and then click Edit Query".

I have been successful in using this feature in the past with other websites such as stocks, or baseball statistics, but this seems to not work. It is a list of subcontractors that changes on a daily basis. Having this list automatically update/populate into excel would save our company a substantial amount of time.

The page I was trying to retrieve is this: http://app.isqft.com/#/directory/vendorDirectory.

Any ideas what causes the error and how to fix it? Is there a VBA script that may work for this? I have searched for days, and have found similar problems, but nothing that has helped fix my issue. If anyone would please let me know, I would very much appreciate the help. Thanks again.

Regards,

Riley (excel 2007)

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back