What is dividing my document

mikecox39

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I can't figure out why the sheet has a split between columns on the page. I've ruled out page breaks and print area. If I drag it the divider it gets worse. What is it and how do I get this sheet to display, neat and clear, without all those other areas in the display?

Here's a screenshot.

https://app.box.com/s/z5z0rcp4xgd4vwfe1wgn

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
At a guess you have "Split" turned on which is under the view tab. Would have been more certain if you had uploaded the actual file rather than a Jpeg.

Upvote 0
If you're talking about the "Details" sheet, select the view tab then click normal

Upvote 0
https://app.box.com/s/z5z0rcp4xgd4vwfe1wgn

That didn't clear up the problem, it's still there, just in a different form.

What is this thing that is dividing this worksheet between column C and D, and subdivides the whole worksheet into unknown numbers of squares?

How do I constrain this worksheet to only include the columns A-E, with rows that I can add to as the data gets added over the month? Actually, I doubt I'd ever need more than 20 rows.

This is something that has developed fairly recently, obviously something I did, inadvertently, but what was it and how do it get the original format back?

Upvote 0
Go into View, page break preview and click and drag the dotted page break to the right. (it won't go to column E because you have no data or formatting in Column E to print).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those dotted lines are simply showing the page breaks for printing.
If you don't want to see them goto File > Options > Advanced > scroll down to "Display options for this sheet" (make sure the sheet is "Details")> uncheck "Show page breaks"

Upvote 0
They are dragagble to change the page break position!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back