dss28

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to add code to some columns in a sheet to define the number format or date format using the following codes

VBA Code:
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Report").Range("E2:E" & Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row).NumberFormat = "mm-dd-yyyy"     ' date format 

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Report").Range("J2:J" & Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row).NumberFormat = "0.00"             ' two digit number format

should I be using the worksheet.change event or worksheet.calculate event? or just worksheet.activate event?
please guide

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Why not just apply the particular format to the whole of each column? Then it should never need adjusting by any sort of event code.

Upvote 0
Why not just apply the particular format to the whole of each column? Then it should never need adjusting by any sort of event code.
Thanks Peter
yes I want to apply to the whole column, does the code requires any modification?
where should I place the code - in sheet as Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() code or separate new module

Upvote 0
Why code at all? Why not just manually apply the format to each column E & J?

If you especially want to do it by code
VBA Code:
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Report").Columns("E").NumberFormat = "mm-dd-yyyy"     ' date format
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Report").Columns("J").NumberFormat = "0.00"           ' two digit number format

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBV123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back