xml Ribbon - icons - max number?

ClimoC

Howdy

Asked this of Ron via twitter, but I imagine he's a busy body so thought I'd try here as well.

I've set up customUI ribbon tab with some galleries that'll insert some common pictures I use all the time, to save me some time. The plan is then to turn this into an add-in.

I want the preview pictures in the galleries I've set up to reside in the add-in/excel file. It seems to work fine, but I have 180 of these to insert as 'icons' with the CustomUI editor. I haven't deductively found out the limit yet - does anyone know what it is? 180 seems to turn every single 'icon'/image into a tiny blank tile (about 4x4 pixels). It doesn't have a problem with circa. 15...

Anyone know of a # of icons/pictures limit, or a file-size limit? Or a way around this (a way that doesn't involve dumping them in a folder, then using a callback with a LoadImage function)

Ta
C

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Quick update - I turned on 'Show add-in errors', and now it throws errors - 'Line 8, Column 17', Missing ID. Either 'id' or 'idMso' must be specified' : And it does this also in lines 17 and 26

Problem is, that one of these places, where it points to is in the middle of an id name, and in the other two, it's pointing at blank lines...

Will google more and report back

Upvote 0
Ok, different problem. The errors above refer to a separate add-in, which I didn't make, which has the errors. I have since removed it. MY errors seem to be unhelpful 'Problem loading a relationship with the image [imagename]'

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back