XY Plot x axis date/time maximum help

billy_the_kid

Hello,

I'm having trouble with excel 2007 plotting my maximum date/time on the x axis properly. I have set the maximum value as 40155.08333 (12/8/09 02:00); however, the maximum value keeps plotting as about 40155.2 (12/8/09 04:45 ish). I am thoroughly stumped.

Ancillary information: The x axis is plotting from a date/time function column which is adding the date and time together from two separate columns. It is custom formated m/d/yyyy h:mm. Also I am plotting two Y axis.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
The axis is formated as custom and is "linked to the source". Here's the custom format that it indicates 0.000000E+00. It shows up on the graph as m/d/yyyy h:mm.

I think the source of this might be a graph template which I had made. I won't allow me to make the a axis terminate earlier than the max on the template, but I can make the max a later date/time than on the template. Weird. Anyway I have deleted the templates and regenerated the graphs okay.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back