xy scatter w/ arrows at axis ends instead of tick marks

normajean

I'm creating a cartesian coordinate system (maths) and want the ends of each axis to have an arrow (easy enough) but here's the tricky part - I also don't want there to be any tick mark at the very end of each axis.

Each axis must display integers (whole numbers from say -3 to 3) and there has to be a faint grid in the background. Basically like what's shown in the image below.

Also, is there any way to get just the zero label to sit a little to the left so it isn't behind the y axis?

YyjpeoxdUXc.png

I've updated the file I linked to earlier. See if that does the trick?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Thanks everyone for the help.

I think I've done it! For the hori. axis labels, I used the code:

;;0 ;

This shows just the zero a little to the left. Then I added data labels from "series 2" to get the other numbers on the hori. axis and I deleted the -2, 0 and 3. I turned off the axis labels for the vert. axis and added data labels from "series 3" to get the numbers for the vert. axis and I deleted -2, 0 and 6. Then I added transparent text boxes for the x and y, allowing me to use the different font I wanted. I'm having trouble uploading a file.

Is there a way to move the data labels and axis labels closer to the axes without using the mouse?

Upvote 0
I've updated the file I linked to earlier. See if that does the trick?

I just saw your message - yep that's it! Now I'm just wondering if there's a way to move the data labels closer to each axis without using the mouse because when I use the mouse its super tedious to get them all lined up correctly (I'm planning on creating a large number of these plots).

Thanks again

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would suggest making one, then simply copying it for each new chart, or make it into a template.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back