Fill Series 1 to 100,000
July 10, 2017 - by Bill Jelen
Use the Fill Series dialog in Excel to fill from 1 to 100,000 in a few clicks.
What if you have too many items to drag the Fill Handle? Follow these steps:
- Type the number 1 in a cell.
- Select that cell.
- On the Home tab, toward the right, in the Editing group, open the Fill dropdown and choose Series.
- Select Columns.
- Enter a Stop Value of 100000.
- Click OK.
What if you have to fill 100,000 cells of bagel flavors?
- Type the first bagel flavor in A1.
- Select A1.
- Type A100000 in the Name box and press Shift + Enter. This selects from the current cell to A100000.
- Home, Fill, Series... Click AutoFill in the Type box.
Thanks to the young lady in row 6 at the Meonske Conference in Kent, Ohio for suggesting this feature.
- Use the Fill Series dialog in Excel to fill from 1 to 100,000 in a few clicks. Also in this episode:
- It would take a long time to fill 1 to 100,000
- Even if you use the Ctrl key while dragging the fill handle
- Type a starting number in a cell
- Home, Fill, Series...
- Change from Rows to Columns
- Click OK
- You can Fill from a series
- Cool trick with Shift + Enter in Name Box
Title Photo: rkit / pixabay