Column count help

Ronderbecke

Board Regular
Currently I am having trouble getting a count of the columns needed. I am not sure why the formula I am working on is not doing the trick and figure it might have something to do with how this data is entered? Currently, its pulling data from individual sheets. The data is either a date, a date that has a link inserted to it, "none", or its blank. I want to only calculate the cells that have the date or the date with a link. The formula structured was this:

=SUMPRODUCT(IF(MOD(Column(H12:FB)-Column(H12),7)=0,IF(ISTEXT(""),H12:FB<>0)))

but its not working. It works if I do it the long way, but with constantly adding more, it would be way easier if it calculated? Here is what I have to do to get correct stats:

=COUNTA(H12:H80,R12:R80,AB12:AB80,AL12:AL80,AV12:AV80,DD12:DD80,CT12:CT80,DN12:DN80,DX12:DX80,ER12:ER80,FB12:FB80)-counta(IF(H12:H80,R12:R80,AB12:AB80,AL12:AL80,AV12:AV80,DD12:DD80,CT12:CT80,DN12:DN80,DX12:DX80,ER12:ER80,FB12:FB80),"NONE")

Id like to just start on H12 going down the full column and count every 7 columns.

You need to clarify this sample: What is the cell of "Travis Jones Customers:"? What is the cell of "Install Date:", etc.?

So sorry... Douglas Rogers is cell A12 and H12 is the EE kit date. H12 is the first column and it goes every 7 columns to R12 for the next column of dates of EE kits. Each rep has about 30 - 40 and continuing to grow.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinroach

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back