Bar code numbers to run in a sequential order

dixiboy

Good Day, I am trying to create a sequence of bar code number in Excel that I can drag down to run in sequential order. I would need the last digit to increase by one number as I drag it. I cannot seem to get it to work as it does not run in sequence. I converted the number to text because it reflected as
8.9E+19

<tbody>
</tbody>
below is the sequence i am trying to number. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

You're welcome. I was mucking around with mine because I knew it wasn't the greatest of solutions and I ended up with basically the same thing jtakw provided (because I didn't pay attention to what it was). If you end up needing even more numbers, but keeping to the 20 digit length, you can change the both instances of 15 in jtakw's formula to 18. Then you could have numbers up to 89999999999999999999.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Thank you jtakw and dreid1011 for your replies to my post. Absolutely thrilled with the results and this will save me a couple of weeks worth of keying entries. Really indicates to me how little i know of Excel. Thank goodness for this site.:)

You're welcome, glad it worked for you.

You're welcome. I was mucking around with mine because I knew it wasn't the greatest of solutions and I ended up with basically the same thing jtakw provided (because I didn't pay attention to what it was). If you end up needing even more numbers, but keeping to the 20 digit length, you can change the both instances of 15 in jtakw's formula to 18. Then you could have numbers up to 89999999999999999999.

Actually, the formula will fail for anything over 15, because Excel can only do math up to 15 digits.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah, that's true. And here I thought I had something ;) Thanks for that. It would get messy then to make it work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back